FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: KFA 504 & IHCP Webinar 1/14/14  (Read 6815 times)

Description:

Offline maeve

Re: KFA 504 & IHCP Webinar 1/14/14
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2014, 06:07:16 PM »
Ms. Francoeur's presentation was the best singular presentation I've heard/seen. What I found unique and valuable was how completely (and seamlessly) she presented legal interpretation with advocacy never shying away from or overlooking the traditionally uncovered areas like contextualizing accommodations rock solid in FAPE, and fair warning that DOE and federal courts currently disagree on the reasonable standard.

I highly recommend watching once KFA posts it. I think there are a couple of gaps I personally either fill in, or differentiate as her personal opinion rather than legal expertise but overall very much appreciative to KFA on this. Never really knew of them before.

I agree. It was a thorough and highly useful webinar.  I loved how she addressed whether other students' needs have to be taken into consideration when developing accommodations. They do not have to be taken into consideration (nor does "tradition" or the "way we've always done things").

I also love how she reinforced that the school cannot compare your child to another with food allergies, so there cannot legally be any "Well, Janie's family didn't ask for a nut-free classroom."

She reinforced documenting all your communication with the school so that you have that information all together should you have to go up the chain. She said you have the legal right to stop the 504 meeting if you arrive at the meeting and the school system has brought an attorney without informing you.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

twinturbo

Re: KFA 504 & IHCP Webinar 1/14/14
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 04:00:17 PM »
Food Allergy School Health Plans: 504 vs IHCP (Video and Resources)

The link to register for the epinephrine webinar is down the page. I'll cross-post this in the Main epi thread.

Everything You Wanted to Know About Epinephrine and More 
Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 7pm Eastern (4pm Pacific)

Register: https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/170327023

Angela Nace, PharmD, author of our very popular Epinephrine Comparison blog post, and Michael Pistiner, MD, MMSc, Chair of KFA's Medical Advisory Team and frequent guest speaker on our webinar series, will answer your questions about epinephrine.  Submit your questions in advance on the registration.  We thank Mylan Specialty for sponsoring this event.