login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Bruegger's Bagels  (Read 1662 times)

Description:

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Bruegger's Bagels
« on: January 27, 2014, 09:28:43 AM »
Has anyone that deals with PA eaten here recently? 

I signed up to bring bagels for a breakfast DS will be at--largely to make sure no one showed up with a PB spread. I will be walking into a den of sesame, lol.

I don't see a PB spread on the menu or peanutty bagels. I can take a couple of Lender's for DS, but if he could actually have these, that would be good. And it would also give him another place to go with friends.

Anyone go here?
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline GingerPye

Re: Bruegger's Bagels
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 10:22:06 AM »
We do; it's one of my DD's favorite places.  They have an allergy book; they use a clean knife and put on clean gloves when we ask.  However, our local place does have PB bagels.  I worry about that --- I keep thinking there has got to be some cross-contam.  So far, no problems with either of my kids, and we eat there often. 

I would caution truly sensitive PA people, however.  I sometimes wonder how sensitive my kids are to peanut.  RAST is high/over 100 for peanut, but .... ?  I don't really know. 
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...