Easter Candy

Started by YouKnowWho, February 24, 2014, 07:00:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouKnowWho

Easter is late this year but that doesn't stop stores from having the candy out before Valentine's Day.

Ferrero Roche has three items of interest for me - a bunny, little eggs and then a plastic container made to look like a bunny full of Ferrero Roche candies.  No shared line warnings - yes, does contain hazelnut, milk, soy and wheat (and no, I was not looking for my kids but myself but I know others here enjoy it as well).

Amazon pricing is horrid, just posting examples
The Bunny
http://www.amazon.com/Ferrero-Rocher-Chocolate-Bunny-Ounce/dp/B00HQK32X4/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1393246620&sr=8-8&keywords=ferrero+rocher+easter

The eggs
http://www.amazon.com/Ferrero-Eggs-Hazelnut-10-Count-Pack/dp/B005I2CEZO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1393246695&sr=8-5&keywords=ferrero+rocher+easter

The plastic packaging
http://www.amazon.com/Ferrero-Rocher-Bunny-Chocolates-13-Count/dp/B005I2CF9Y/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1393246728&sr=8-4&keywords=ferrero+rocher+easter
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

hezzier

Dove chocolate bunnies have a peanut warning, but no tree nut warning.

Vermont Nut Free Chocolate has a cute "basket" that had a couple items for about $16, but the idea of hitting the easy button for $32 seemed a little expensive considering that doesn't include candy in the plastic eggs that will need to be hidden throughout the house.  Plus I think our easter baskets are in storage...will have to think outside the basket...ha ha.

bleh

My wife just buys new baskets every year instead of looking for them in the basement...
DD: PA/TNA/EA (baked eggs are okay)

PurpleCat

We make easy paper baskets every year and toss them after Easter.  I grew up doing this so I don't find it weird and I don't have to store anything! 

They have not yet but when the kids are older and if they decide this day before Easter craft must go, then I will know it is time for me to stop filling baskets! 

I was in Target and a bunch of candy was on sale so I bought the candy for the egg hunt.  Starburst/Skittles and Wonka variety bags.

Today I found limited edition boxes of Pastel Colored Jr. Mints at the grocery store.  I bought those for the baskets.

We saw but did not buy Cadbury Mini Eggs.  DD and I were label reading and they have 3 kinds.  The white ones contain Shea (which DD is allergic to).  The others do not.

Jessica

I bought fabric baskets on etsy (was too lazy to make them myself). I can hang them in a closet or stuff them in a drawer. Or, in the case of my 16 yo, keep stuff in them and remove it around Easter.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

hezzier

I found some small cardboard square boxes with a ribbon handle in the dollar section at Target.  They will work well enough...of course, I also had to spend $1.50 on new plastic eggs since those are with the easter baskets in storage.

Jessica

Don't forget that the tall tubes of sixlets are not safe.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

hezzier

I saw Haribo bunny gummies at Target in the Easter section for $1

bleh

They have a pretty cool lego friends bakery polybag in the easter section. They did however mark up the price as it's $5.59. I am used to these things being $3.99 to $4.99 at Target.
DD: PA/TNA/EA (baked eggs are okay)

hezzier

I saw a bag of swedish fish jelly beans...not sure I read the label, but DS didn't want them for our popcorn/treat and a movie.  Need to go back and get them, looked like they might all be red.

PurpleCat

Today Walmart had bags of Sixlets variety of colors in cellophane sleeves.  Great for filling eggs or baskets!  Been watching for them.

hezzier

Not candy, but look what I found in the easter aisle at Walmart.  $1.97 a package, you will have to also purchase an egg dying kit to go with them

Macabre

I saw Gimbal's jelly beans at CVS--both regular and sour ones. The sour ones are great.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Jessica

I've read that these white cadbury bunnies are safe but I can't find them anywhere around here.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81j%2BZlS8BoL._SL1500_.jpg
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

maeve

Quote from: Jessica on March 11, 2014, 06:53:03 PM
I've read that these white cadbury bunnies are safe but I can't find them anywhere around here.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81j%2BZlS8BoL._SL1500_.jpg

DH picked up a Cadbury bunny for DD (though it looks different than the one pictured, maybe it's a solid vs. hollow bunny). He found it at our local Harris Teeter.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview