Kosher brands?

Started by starlight, March 15, 2014, 03:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starlight

My local grocery store just added their yearly giant temporary section of Kosher/Jewish packaged foods  (because apparently Passover is the only season the Jewish eat kosher around here despite 3 Temples within a mile?!?!)

They have some really tasty looking cookies and chocolate on display. Do any of you know of Kosher brands that tend to be PA/TNA safe that I can look for? 

hedgehog

Not sure about allergy safety, but I wanted to comment on the seasonality of kosher products.  Not only do those products only appear around the holidays, but years ago our local grocery store stocked the shelves really well for latke mix.  For Passover.  :dunce:
USA

GoingNuts

AFAIK, none of the cookies are TN free. In theory none should contain PN, because pN is forbidden during Passover.

ManishewiTz website is really good, but their labeling is inconsistent.

Hot tip:  if you are into sofa, buy Kosher for Paasover soda. It's made with cane sugar instead of oven syrup.  Aficionados say it's way better.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview