FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Kosher brands?  (Read 1235 times)

Description:

Offline starlight

Kosher brands?
« on: March 15, 2014, 03:35:11 PM »
My local grocery store just added their yearly giant temporary section of Kosher/Jewish packaged foods  (because apparently Passover is the only season the Jewish eat kosher around here despite 3 Temples within a mile?!?!)

They have some really tasty looking cookies and chocolate on display. Do any of you know of Kosher brands that tend to be PA/TNA safe that I can look for? 

Offline hedgehog

Re: Kosher brands?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 03:39:31 PM »
Not sure about allergy safety, but I wanted to comment on the seasonality of kosher products.  Not only do those products only appear around the holidays, but years ago our local grocery store stocked the shelves really well for latke mix.  For Passover.  :dunce:
USA

Offline GoingNuts

Re: Kosher brands?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 07:39:59 PM »
AFAIK, none of the cookies are TN free. In theory none should contain PN, because pN is forbidden during Passover.

ManishewiTz website is really good, but their labeling is inconsistent.

Hot tip:  if you are into sofa, buy Kosher for Paasover soda. It's made with cane sugar instead of oven syrup.  Aficionados say it's way better.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US