imagelogin
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Garlic dill dip  (Read 1604 times)

Description: Low fat, low cal, YUMMY

Offline hedgehog

Garlic dill dip
« on: March 26, 2014, 08:40:56 AM »
I use low fat (but not fat free, the flavors needs a little fat to really blend together) Greek yogurt. I think I use a 16 oz. container? I grate about a clove or so of garlic on a fine microplane grater, and grate lemon peel in the same grater, also juicing half the lemon (I save the rest for another use).    I chop up a good handful of dill.  Mix all together, add salt to taste.  Let sit for a couple of hours for the flavors to blend together.  Yummy!  It goes well on chips, but the beauty is it also goes well on veggies, so even healthier!
USA

Offline GoingNuts

Re: Garlic dill dip
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 08:50:41 AM »
 :thumbsup:
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
Re: Garlic dill dip
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 12:03:17 PM »
Made a variation on this last night, from memory, as I did not have time to look this up.  realized I had forgot the dip for veggies. 

I used 2 crushed cloves of garlic, some fresh lemon juice, 1/2 greek no fat yogurt(all I had on hand) and 1/2 light mayo.  Added some dried parsley, dried dill, dried onion powder and salt. 

It was too garlicky, but I do not mind, other wise good.  I added more yogurt today to dilute the garlick.  It is better.  I will use it for veggies through the week.  I bet thinned with milk or buttermilk, it would make a nice salad dressing. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy