Hotel del Coronado, San Diego, California

Started by ajasfolks2, May 02, 2014, 07:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajasfolks2

http://hoteldel.com/

Got any current experiences or info to share?

Would be a 3-day weekend stay and we'd need meals to REALLY be able to handle peanut and tree nut allergies.

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions!!!
Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

Mookie86

If I don't post a reply soon, remind me to ask dh.  He stayed there on a business trip.  What do you want to know?  I don't think he ate any meals in the hotel.

ajasfolks2

We would need to eat all meals there, if possible. 

Meals is the most important info we need.

Area "to do" we've already got handled.

It's the meals . . .

hedgehog

DH and I stayed there 14 years ago.  I know we didn't eat there, and FA wasn't even in the radar yet, it was about a week or so before we knew DS was PA.  But since then we have taken DS to a restaurant very close to that hotel.  Peohe's.  It was very good, and they were knowledgable about FA.  Of course, that was still a couple if years ago, so best to call to confirm that is still the case. 
USA

Macabre

We have a recent San Diego thread. I will see if I can find it.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Macabre

Sorry---I forgot about looking for threads.  there may be something nearby the hotel that shoes up in that thread.  One place I hadn't heard of before but others consider safe is Rubio's.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

spacecanada

Here's the San Diego thread:

San Diego

We're headed there next week, although we'll be in a different part of town.  Have you emailed or called the chef(s) at the hotel?  I think that would give you a good gauge on whether or not they can accommodate allergies. 
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

ajasfolks2

Haven't had chance to keep working on this.  It is for a 2015 event, so not a rush.  But I do need to help get ducks in a row to be SURE this is doable before folks commit and buy plane tix, etc.

nameless

do you need to be able to eat AT the hotel or are you looking for places in/around as well?

For pn/tn --- there are numerous In 'N Out Burger places and a few Chipotles, both of which are safe for pn/tn allergies.

For the hotel itself, there is always something they can make and will be amenable to helping out hotel guests eat safely. Have you called yet? Given their status, they should have an executive chef you can talk you.
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview