Well, these exist - nut-free waffles and something none of us ever, ever wanted.

Started by starlight, May 04, 2014, 07:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macabre

Because G is no good. I haven't followed the link. I don't want G to show up on my FB. I hate the company. 
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Jessica

I hate G too. Maybe not for the same reason but I still hate them. I hold a grudge-I just can't help myself.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

bleh

DD: PA/TNA/EA (baked eggs are okay)

maeve

G is Groupon and they did a very mean-spirited blog entry several years ago about food allergies. When approached about that blog, Groupon was unapologetic and did another blog entry mocking the response of the food allergy community.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

starlight

For those of you who don't want to click on groupon:

The waffle/pancake/crepe goodness is here: http://belgianboys.com/. I ordered way more than I should have, and not through groupon. :)

The powder form PB comes in what looks like a spice container/shaker. It's meant to be mixed with water to make PB. It's literally condensed peanut in dust form.

rebekahc

I've seen the powdered pb on the shelf at my grocery store.  It's in the organic section right next to the Sunbutter.  ~)  Even if I could have PB, it just sounds disgusting  :tongue: - kind of like those PB slices (wrapped like American cheese) they came out with several years ago.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

hedgehog

Actually, it looks to me like something very similar to what DS had daily while he was being desensitized. 
USA

SilverLining

Isn't it powdered pb used in the take-always in UK that have been causing fatal reactions lately?  Because it's cheaper they are substituting it for other nut powders.

Is it used just for cooking....or do people add water and eat it?  I can see it as a thickening agent.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview