FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Bribging in Food to a Lego place?  (Read 3079 times)

Description:

Offline MomTo3

Bribging in Food to a Lego place?
« on: May 16, 2014, 11:19:11 AM »
So we are planning a trip to a city with a Lego adventure place. I contacted them and they said I can eat outside and reenter. So then my kid gets to sit there and watch me eat on the cafe?  Seems strange to me but is there anything I can do?

Tia

Offline Mookie86

Re: Bribging in Food to a Lego place?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 11:22:21 AM »
At Chicago's Discovery Center Legoland, we always bring our own food.  They don't search you when you go in, and nobody ever has said anything to us.

Offline LinksEtc

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 11:33:25 AM »
We went to Chicago LegoLand also a few years ago.  We contacted them beforehand and said we'd like to bring in food for dd b/c of FA/disability ... they approved our request for accommodation (allowing dd to bring in her own food) by email.  I printed the email and showed it to the girl giving us tickets when we entered.

twinturbo

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 12:00:33 PM »
I'm wondering if due to laws about food handling, service and safety certification they're giving you a policy response consistent with that.

Online YouKnowWho

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 09:02:54 AM »
We brought food in for DS1 into Legoland (theme park) in FL.  I don't ask questions prior, I just do it.  And anytime someone has questioned me, I flash the epi pens.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 09:39:21 AM »
We brought in food to Legoland in Billund, Denmark.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline Linden

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 04:03:21 PM »
We brought food in to Legoland California.  Nobody searched us or batted an eyelash.  There was some small print in our brochure about food being acceptable when needed as an accomodation. 
DS TNA/EA, avocado, environmentals, asthma

Online YouKnowWho

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 10:37:02 PM »
I find a general disconnect between what corporate says and what the guy at the front getting minimum wage is willing to say.  I flash the epis with the food and there is a nod.

Short of somewhere where animals are onsite, ie Sea World always had the stupid paper straws because people would drop them in the tanks, I find few places argue.

Having said that - I bring food in for DS1 (wheat, rye, barley and egg) and sometimes DS2 (peanut only, lax comfort zone) and have no issues paying for food for DD, myself and DH.  They are still making money in spades on us, kwim?
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA