Kashi Cereals

Started by anxious, June 29, 2014, 01:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anxious

Does anyone use their cereals that does not have nut warnings on them? Has anyone had problems with them? Dealing with PA/TNA

GingerPye

We've recently bought the Kashi crunch cereal for the first time.  It reads safe but I have not called the company.  DS has eaten it with no problem.  IMMV
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

Jessica

They told me in the past that they will add warnings for shared lines. It's been at least a year or two since I contacted them though.

Anymore, any company I contact (almost) says they follow FALCPA, use good manufacturing practices, yadda yadda without ever addressing the actual questions (shared lines, shared facilities, special procedures, etc).
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

tigerlily

Under their database of questions (response included in its entirety):

<customer>, thank you for asking! We do voluntary use a "May contains" statement for only tree nuts and peanuts, when a food is made on a shared line.

In addition, our product packages label the top eight allergens (i.e. peanut, tree nut, cow's milk, egg, soybean, wheat, fish and shellfish) in a separate box directly below the ingredient list on the Nutrition Facts side panel.

Hope the provided answers your question!
DS1-PA, TNA, SFA
DS2-NKA

joshsmom

Anyone with a sesame or sunflower seed allergy eat this cereal?

becca

dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

hezzier

Quote from: joshsmom on July 15, 2014, 08:55:23 AM

Some of their cereals contain sesame flour.

becca

Yes they do.  We are not sesame allergic.  I had not heard of these granola bars.  I have not seen them in my stores. 

I raised this thread to keep on for the Kashi brand. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

nameless

oooooohhh - I want to try those bars!! I'll have to look for them, I never stop at that aisle.
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

hk

Quote from: joshsmom on July 15, 2014, 08:55:23 AM

Not safe for sesame.

PurpleCat

Quote from: becca on May 13, 2015, 09:45:09 PM
Yes they do.  We are not sesame allergic.  I had not heard of these granola bars.  I have not seen them in my stores. 

I raised this thread to keep on for the Kashi brand. 

I saw the seed bars today at Stop & Shop, a big display right on the end cap  but I could not bring myself to try them.  If the label says Granola and Seed Bars...then I have a hard time believing they are sesame safe - either in content or cross contamination.  The chocolate chip bars were tempting though and they do have coconut in them if you can't have coconut.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview