Cheeky Monkey peanut puffs

Started by TT, July 26, 2014, 01:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TT

Apparently I'm going to find all new peanut product face first in this town.

cheekymonkeyorganic.com/ourproducts.html

New product on shelves. It's a peanut butter puff that looks like a Cheeto, Cheez Doodles but peanut instead of cheese. Or what's that fake South Park version? Cheesy Poofs? Whatever. I'm not really clear if there's powdered peanut on the outside like defatted peanut flour or not didn't get close enough website says PB as an ingredient.

Where I am it is being sampled on HUGE tables near all the checkout lanes.

There was some sort of weird copy on their site. Weird in that ReeSe's and whatnot just do their thing they don't call out FA folks specifically.

What about peanut allergies?
Statistics show that between 0.6% to 1% of all Americans are allergic to peanuts. People with peanut allergies should absolutely NOT eat Cheeky Monkey Peanut Butter Puffs. We're really sorry about that – we wish you could!

With the development of Cheeky Monkey Peanut Butter Puffs, we've taken a much-loved flavor and turned it into a snack that's good for just about everyone, from toddlers (did we mention that it melts in your mouth?) to those on special diets (we've got them all covered except for the peanut allergy, sorry).

So if PB isn't your problem maybe you're good. It doesn't say free of facilities just no added ingredient. If it is then maybe know what the package looks like and the lack of nuclear orange coating on the outside if it's not in the package. It's looks like pretty crumbly, powdery stuff more than say nutter butters.

GoingNuts

"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

CMdeux

:disappointed:

The only possible good news about this is that it is possible that those dealing only with PA might develop first-hand experience and compassion for those dealing with milk allergy in a toddler...  er-- well, probably that's untrue, actually.  I'm pretty sure that nobody wants others to have those kinds of experiences, and most of those I've know with PA aren't exactly unaware that they have it relatively easy by comparison....

And in other news, how AWESOME that one of the few places in town to obtain certain (allergy-free) versions of some foods has elected to widely contaminate the store via liberally dusting with a priority allergen of extreme potency.  FANTASTIC, that.     :dunce:
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview