Woman loses job offer for having peanut allergy

Started by LinksEtc, August 14, 2014, 05:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LinksEtc

Tweeted by @AllergieVoeding

"Woman loses job offer for having peanut allergy"
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/u-s-world/woman-loses-job-offer-for-having-peanut-allergy?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

QuoteKameela Coleman said she was scheduled to start her job working as scheduling coordinator at a dental outpatient clinic at Boston Children's Hospital this week.
QuoteExperts said that the severity of the allergy could determine if Coleman would be legally covered under the law. Even with a severe allergy, employers can argue that hiring a person with a disability would result in an "undue hardship" for the employer.

This was at a hospital  :-[ .

Macabre

Yikes.

How with the new ADAAA? Undue hardship my right foot. I know of a nonprofit where the CEO cannot drive anymore due to vision loss, and the org accommodates him.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

RudderBird

That is sad. I am so thankful that my employer has been extremely understanding and supportive of me. If anything, my allergy keeps the office more tidy...sunflower seed shells make a nasty mess!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview