Hand/immersion blender

Started by SilverLining, August 22, 2014, 01:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverLining

First, is there a difference between hand and immersion blender or two names for the same thing?

Second, what brand do you have and what are the pros and cons of it?

hedgehog

They are the same thing.  I have a kitchen aid now. My old one (different brand, but I don't remember which) died last year, but I had it a long time before it went.   I have not had a brand I don't like.  But I do love using one.  So much easier for hot liquids than the blender. Fantastic for soups. 

And since I keep my blender in the walk-in pantry, it is usually easier to just pull it out of the drawer than to get out the blender in the first place.  Cleaning is easier too. 
USA

SilverLining

I donated my blender because I never used it.  It was stored in the basement and just not worth the effort of bringing it upstairs.

becca

I have an old Braun, and like it.  Does just what it should.  Mostly, i use it in pea soup or any soup that you want pureed pr partly pureed. 

I do have a Vitamix blender that I use for some dressings and regularly for smoothies and some marinades.  It is very easy to clean and use, and I keep it handy in the kitchen.  But, a hand blender is the best for a soup.  Just whizz it right in the pot you cook it in.  Also good for mushing up food for babies. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

SilverLining

We are going to look at a Moulinex.  Reviews on it look good.

buttons

They are also great for vinaigrette salad dressings!

Jessica

I have a cute red cuisinart one that I never use. I always forget I have it.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

PurpleCat

I have a Braun from my apartment days.  Yes, it lasted this long and no, not because it does not get used (that would be my electric knife my mom insisted I needed!).  I use it for so many things, so easy, and simple to clean and store.

YouKnowWho

My $5 no name one died after two years (probably used at least once a month).

Have a Hamilton Beach one now - I love that the blade is detachable.  http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hamilton-Beach-2-Speed-Hand-Blender/15758914
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview