"When a School Tries to Split Up Epinephrine Auto Injectors"

Started by LinksEtc, August 25, 2014, 09:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LinksEtc

Tweeted by @NutFreeWok

"When a School Tries to Split Up Epinephrine Auto Injectors"

http://ohmahdeehness.wordpress.com/2014/08/24/when-a-school-tries-to-split-up-epinephrine-auto-injectors/

Quote"[They] promptly took out the [EpiPens] and split the two pack and handed one back to me. I kind of had a mini-meltdown [...] I said what are you doing? You're not supposed to split a two-pack. She told me that was [District] policy.

CMdeux

Hmmm... well, actually, we DO split twinpacks.

Of course we do it so that nobody is EVER carrying two of the same lot number, just in case of manufacturing defects associated with a particular lot, but hey....

;)
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Stinky10

We split them up too.   What a funny thing. 

The issue is not that they split them but that only a nurse could give a second dose.
Spanking cats for 40 years!

LinksEtc

"Dangerous: Splitting Up EPI Packs at School"

http://www.gratefulfoodie.com/dangerous-splitting-epi-packs-school/

QuoteOld policy stated that nurses or aides could only administer one dose of epinephrine auto-injection.  This policy was updated to reflect current Centers For Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and was included in our Nevada Mandated stock epinephrine law.

-----------------------------------------------

I also mix the lots sometimes, but I always have 2  :)  .... from the very beginning when dd was 1st diagnosed, our allergist told us she should always have 2 with her at all times.   :thumbsup:

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview