imagelogin
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Food Allergy Experts INCLUDING Parents  (Read 1682 times)

Description: AllergyAsthmaChildren article

Offline ajasfolks2

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Firebird
Food Allergy Experts INCLUDING Parents
« on: September 17, 2014, 10:21:00 AM »
What Can Food Allergy Experts (Including Parents) Teach the Rest of Us About Medical Care?
by Danya Glabau

http://asthmaallergieschildren.com/2014/09/14/what-can-food-allergy-experts-including-parents-teach-the-rest-of-us-about-medical-care/

. . .  Most people are simply advised to avoid the foods they are allergic to and come back if new medical problems arise. It’s up to each family or individual to figure out how to do that.

This exchange reminds me of the most important thing I’ve learned from my research so far is this: living with food allergies requires skills and knowledge beyond that possessed by allergists and nurses. People with food allergies need to become experts at living with their condition. But what does it take to be a food allergy expert? What skills do people learn, how do they learn them, and what does it mean for their lives? That’s one of the stories I’m trying to tell as my research progresses.

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!