West Jet equipped with epi pens

Started by hezzier, September 30, 2014, 05:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverLining

WestJet has had epi-pens for a while. 

But that link....it's for a contest.

QuotePfizer Canada and WestJet Make Travel Easier for Canadians with Severe Food Allergies

'Reach for the Sky' contest aims to increase awareness on a growing public health issue in Canada

KIRKLAND, QC, Sept. 29, 2014 /CNW/ - Serious allergies are on the rise and to raise awareness of anaphylaxis,  Pfizer Canada, Canadian distributor of EpiPenĀ® (epinephrine) Auto-Injectors, and WestJet are launching a social media contest called Reach for the Sky, offering Canadians with severe food allergies, or those at risk of anaphylaxis, the chance to win a WestJet Vacations package for four. 

spacecanada

Yep, WestJet has had EpiPens and EpiPen Jr's onboard all their planes for several years.  Best airline I've ever flown with, and their allergy policies are top notch: the flight attendants ask where I store my Epi's on each and every flight.  We :heart: WestJet!  They get my business (almost) every trip we take.  (Sometimes they don't fly to where we are going to.)

Will be entering the contest shortly.  :)
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

spacecanada

My photo made it into the top 20 finalists for this contest!  I would love your support and (daily) votes.  :)  This photo was taken three days after the reaction that gave me PTSD.  This contest would close around the time my PTSD treatments end, and could really give a :tongue: to say farewell to PTSD.  Yay.

Many thanks!

https://apps.facebook.com/rfscontest/viewallentries/7893?eid=1803219
If the link doesn't get you to my photo, it's the astronaut one. 

Macabre

I tried, but I need to enable cookies. I'll do it tomorrow!
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

SilverLining

Excellent picture.  Good luck.  Remind me and I'll vote daily.

Wonder....could I post the link on Hadfield's page?  People on his page like astronaughts.

becca

Lovely picture.  I tried to vote, but it does not seem to be registering.  I click and nothing happens.  :(
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

spacecanada

It doesn't seem to work on my home computer either. I think it may be a Safari thing. It worked fine at work with Google Chrome. ???

Yes, you can post the link wherever you like and share with whomever. I would love Chris Hadfield's vote. (I was going to use a photo of Chris Hadfield and myself in front of the space shuttle on the launch pad at night but couldn't because I do not have his written permission.)

SilverLining

Weird.  Your link works for me here. But on Facebook it goes wonky.

becca

I have/use Chrome?

Ah!  I had a pop up blocker on, but was only getting a teeny tiny window in the upper right corner of my window and did not see it yesterday.  I usually get a full banner with that info.  I voted.  It says we can vote daily, so I will try to remember to do it more times. 

Are you really going to be an astronaut??  Wow!  And you are adorable.  Love your pixie haircut. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

SilverLining

When I voted today I noticed a Facebook link, so I clicked it. Hopefully it will get you more votes. :)

I agree with becca. You are adorable.  And are you training to be a real astronaught?

SilverLining

Bit OT, but WestJet donated flights to Corporal Cirillo's family.

Macabre

Quote from: spacecanada on September 30, 2014, 09:25:41 PM
Yep, WestJet has had EpiPens and EpiPen Jr's onboard all their planes for several years.  Best airline I've ever flown with, and their allergy policies are top notch: the flight attendants ask where I store my Epi's on each and every flight.  We :heart: WestJet!  They get my business (almost) every trip we take.  (Sometimes they don't fly to where we are going to.)

Will be entering the contest shortly.  :)

Just wanting to press the like button for this.  Wow. 

Macabre

Oh my goodness.  How cool is that?  An astronaut!  And yes--you look amazing. 

I had to post it to my page for my vote to happen.  NP though.  Very cool.

spacecanada

Thanks for all the votes and nice comments. 

Well, I'd like to be an astronaut someday.  I don't have a PhD, which seemed to be a requirement the last time Canada hired astronauts.  That doesn't stop me from trying, at least.  I'm the biggest space geek most people will ever know.  :)

We :heart: WestJet.  Just got our latest flight confirmation from our travel agent and they have my allergy flagged and marked as carrying EpiPens.  Yay!  (We're visiting the Kennedy Space Center on this particular trip.  Told you - space geek!)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview