A Homecoming King

Started by kouturekat_rm, November 02, 2014, 06:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kouturekat_rm

I don't visit this board anymore and haven't done so for a very long time since a few of my favorite members were either banned or given warnings among a few other things that irked me.  However,  I did want to post that I was so proud of my boy who was crowned as Homecoming King this weekend.  It has been a long time since the days I worked diligently to secure a "gold standard" (as one member once put it) 504 when he was entering Kindergarten.  The great rapport I had with the former elementary principal, who I just so happened to see today at the grocery store, along with his management and backbone helped shaped my son into the man he is today--a secure, confident 18-year old with a megawatt smile and a good heart.  A brilliant young man with a double dose of empathy for others. 

He is not that peanut-allergic kid, but Ryan.  And as an afterthought for most people, yeah, he does have a peanut allergy.  A good guy, always cheerful, and eternal optimist.  He didn't have a traditionally normal childhood, but rather a different kind of norm.  Our norm.  And despite a few along the way who may have felt we were overprotective or too conservative (or perhaps plain bizarre!), he turned out just fine.  In fact, better than I could have ever imagined.  I guess his peers thought so too.   ;D

Signing off as one very proud ryan's mom, the KoutureKat!  See ya.

YouKnowWho

What handsome young man - Congratulations to him!

I have been thinking about you lately and hope you are doing well!
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

TwoDDs

He's very handsome.  That smile deserves to be kinged.

my3guys

Thanks for stopping in and posting that great picture!! So glad he is doing so well!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview