Nut-free restaurant - customer opens Snickers - rxn

Started by LinksEtc, November 14, 2014, 03:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LinksEtc

Tweeted by @AllergyEducator

"The message needs to get out about food allergies, couple says
Laurie Brugman thought she was safe in her nut-free restaurant, until a customer decided to bust open a Snickers Bar"

http://www.niagarathisweek.com/news-story/5024855-the-message-needs-to-get-out-about-food-allergies-couple-says/

SilverLining

I've been there. There are sign everywhere that say peanuts and nuts are not allowed.

CMdeux

Wow.

This part made me laugh, though-- I can totally relate to his wry pronouncement.  There are times when if you don't laugh, you'll cry:

Quote"I learned how to launder money," Joe said with a chuckle.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

momma2boys

peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

SilverLining

Quote from: CMdeux on November 15, 2014, 01:14:45 PM
Wow.

This part made me laugh, though-- I can totally relate to his wry pronouncement.  There are times when if you don't laugh, you'll cry:

Quote"I learned how to launder money," Joe said with a chuckle.

He posted pictures on FB.  I didn't get it at first, because it was prior to the news article.

Jessica

Apparently the person who brought in the candy bar is mad now because they made her feel bad. SMH
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

CMdeux

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

momma2boys

peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

TT

Heh.  Prior to allergies I might have been the jack*** bringing the Snickers bar in.  The consequential butthurt about being the jack***, no, I would have been absolutely ashamed for being so callous hurting someone in their own space.  Okay, maybe I wouldn't eat my own candy bar in a restaurant because it's weird, but I definitely was a card carrying member of the Joel Stein school of thought.  Didn't work out so well for Joel or me.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview