Bertolli red sauces

Started by guess, January 03, 2015, 09:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guess

I haven't called or emailed since it's Unilever expecting a vague reference to FALCPA compliant, allergen management and maybe what my omniscient allergist knows of their manufacturing practices.  It's for peanut only although if anyone with low threshold MA uses the red sauces don't hold back. 

For PA we're using Rao's which I like but kids do not.  Bertolli's is a heck of a lot cheaper to boot.

Macabre

We use Bertolli's.  And Luccini (the caper one is wowza good).  And Classico. 
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Jessica

Have you contacted Rao's? I emailed and they called me and said they use shared lines w/ nuts (can't remember if it was peanuts, tree nuts, or both).
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

guess

Never did.  We just used it.  The idea of experiencing the wonders of quality assurance and customer service over at the Battery Place office didn't seem too fruitful.  Since it's a product of Italy I always assume whomever I talk to on the phone or over email with here doesn't really know what's going on in the factory there anyhow. 

Shared lines with tree nuts would be fine for us as long as it's not peanut.   Bertolli's is cheaper where I am at $2.00 compared to Rao's $8.00.  It's one of those privileges that comes with (what seems to be thus far with 'nuts') PA only.  We usually shrug off shared lines with nuts unless it's (legume) truly peanut/peanutty.

Macabre

I used Ragu's light Alfredo  sauce to cheat on the Xmas Eve veggie lasagne this year. $1.05/bottle. Got three of them. The lasagne was really good. Normally i don't like Ragu. DH will use the red sauce when we make pizza. It's economical--fine. But I don't like it.

However,  we dont we don't react to it, so there's that.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview