Easy appetizers or finger foods for parties!

Started by becca, January 21, 2015, 06:42:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

becca

McC's easy Monkey bread recipe she mentions in OT led me ot the Pillsbury website here I found this recipe for easy empanadas.  I may try them for a Superbowl party we are attending.  I am sure one could play with various fillings.  Make them veggie, provided the crust is vegan.

http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/beef-potato-and-chorizo-empanadas/baaf0733-82e4-4b06-ba8c-045a534136f0
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Macabre

Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

becca

Do you make your own dough or use the prepared dough?  Have you posted it here?
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Macabre

DH had made his own dough.

Though I do some with the Pillsbury crescent rolls, spinach and feta as a my own version for dinner once every couple of months. They are not true empanadas, but they work for me.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

GoingNuts

Love that idea!  You can also look in the freezer section for Goya frozen empanada rounds.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

nameless

the pre-made pie dough is a shortcut...but I've found that I don't really like the taste of pre-made pie dough with empanadas.

...I vote for looking for the empanada rounds in the freezer section as GN suggested!

SO many things you can do! I made a roasted/mashed squash style last week. Roasted butternut squash...mashed...added in sauteed onions...mexican spices...seasoned black beans...sweet corn (defrosted and tossed in pan for the last minute with onions.)  SO GOOD! Can make a green chile sour cream dipping sauce (or mix green enchilada sauce with a little sour cream).

Go to foodgawker or tastespotting and search 'empanadas' and you'll get ideas. I also google up 'empanada restaurant menu' and find ideas.
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

CMdeux

Nom-nom-nom...

and to add to nameless' lovely idea--

be sure to add "Invite CM for dinner" to the end of your recipe.

;D
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview