login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Jan 16, 2015: Northern Tier Bakery Twix Bismark doughnuts (US/WI, MN)  (Read 1878 times)

Description: PEANUT

Offline GingerPye

Northern Tier Bakery Issues Allergy Alert on Potential Undeclared Peanut in Product

Consumer:
1-855-468-6972
Media:
Gary Hanson:
602-286-1777

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE — January 16, 2015 — Northern Tier Bakery LLC of St. Paul Park, MN is voluntarily recalling Twix Bismarck doughnuts due to the possibility of an undeclared peanut allergen in the Twix topping sourced from a third party. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to peanuts may run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.

The Twix Bismarck was distributed and sold between January 1, 2015, and January 14, 2015, at retail convenience stores in Minnesota and Wisconsin. The Twix Bismarck is a white frosted doughnut with a chopped Twix topping.

The recall was initiated after peanut allergen was discovered in the chopped Twix product distributed to Northern Tier Bakery by a third party in packaging that did not reveal the presence of peanuts. Production of the Twix Bismarck has been suspended.

No illnesses have been reported to date, and there currently is no evidence that any Twix Bismarck distributed for sale contains a peanut allergen. Nonetheless, this recall has been issued by Northern Tier Bakery in an abundance of caution, to ensure the safety of consumers. Northern Tier Bakery takes every precaution necessary to ensure the integrity and quality of its products.

Consumers who have purchased a Twix Bismarck are urged to return it to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers may call 1-855-468-6972 with any questions.
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
Re: Jan 16, 2015: Northern Tier Bakery Twix Bismark doughnuts (US/WI, MN)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 08:53:10 AM »
Okay, did anyone else think this?

Consumers who have purchased a Twix Bismarckbetween Jan 1 and Jan 14 and haven't yet EATEN IT are urged to return it to the place of purchase for a full refund.and then check your mental health, please-- because-- TWO WEEK OLD DONUT??  SERIOUSLY??  WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??

Maybe it's just me.

I mean, don't get me wrong-- I'm glad that we have food safety oversight that issues recalls in this country.  I am.

I just think that the lag time in some perishable items is making it pointless in a lot of instances.   :pout:

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline GingerPye

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 08:54:22 AM »
I often freeze items like that .....
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 08:56:41 AM »
I dunno-- I am just thinking that coming from a convenience store rather than a regular grocery, though-- that's going to be relatively rare.

I bet they get about ten of them back, if that.

My snark here is DEFINITELY not directed at you, Ginger-- I really appreciate all that you do to post these here.   :heart:

It's more the sheer absurdity of the system itself.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 08:58:38 AM by CMdeux »

Western U.S.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 11:09:01 AM »
You want me to drive over there and count?  It'd be a happier assignment if I could actually eat there, though.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 11:37:48 AM »
Donuts that are as much as two weeks old, though?  And creme-filled at that...   :-X

Bon appetit.   ;D

Western U.S.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 11:38:55 AM »
Better to head to YoYo in Minnetonka!!
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts