New Compact Auto Injector in Development

Started by GoingNuts, January 05, 2016, 11:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PurpleCat

Just saw this same article on Facebook!  Smaller would be better!

CMdeux

Yes, it would!

At 93mm x 29.75mm x 16mm, the slimline Oval device is less than half the size of the current market leader.

:happydance:

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

momma2boys

peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

Macabre

I wish it were flatter. This would not really be as good as the Auvi in boys skinny jeans--or in boys pants in general but much better than an epi obviously. Considering we may not get the Auvi back, beggars can't be choosers.  ~)
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

MaryM

I agree Mac, flatter would be better but anything smaller would be nice.

rebekahc

The Auvi-Q specs say it was 1/2 inch thick and this device is only 16 mm thick - not too much difference (~3 mm).  I think the Auvi's wider design would allow it to be less visible in a pocket, though.  Either way, I'm hopeful this comes to fruition and the FDA doesn't drag it's feet too long approving it for the US.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

ajasfolks2

Going back to carrying the bulky epipens has proven to be NOT very successful for our kids (both teenagers) . . .

IOW -- they HATE carrying epipens and are not 100% carrying as they were with auviQ.

This is very concerning.

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

CMdeux

Yup-- DD has a very close friend with a SFA and additional risk factors who doesn't always-always carry-- because epipens don't fit into pockets, so he carries them in a backpack, but not ON him.  It worries her terribly.   :-[

Western U.S.

ajasfolks2

You would think Epipen maker would frigging be working on re-design and upgrade of their product . . . maybe they could put money into THAT instead of into fighting against and undermining AuviQ in the background . . .   ~) ~) ~)
Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

name

Small point of clarification on the form factor of Auvi-Q auto-injectors the FDA recalled: EVZIO remains on the market and is thriving through grants delivered to law enforcement. In summary, the auto-injector technology is still in use as kaleo's EVZIO. Sanofi's licensed Auvi-Q epinephrine product was recalled therefore I suspect it's not the auto-injector technology per se because both were not recalled.

I came here to share that thought. It may be that Sanofi's manufacture of the licensed technology is at issue, not the technology itself as kaleo's licensed manufacture of the same auto-injector experiences continued growth and success.

CMdeux

Thanks for that info.  That is really good news.  If the technology itself were bust, that'd be a much bigger problem, and potentially one that would keep it out of the market for good.  A manufacturing or QA/QC problem is potentially far less devastating to fix.

Western U.S.

Macabre

It's great to see you name!

The problem with the recall was that devices did not have epinephrine in them.

If they come on the market again I will want to see a window showing the med.  :yes:

GoingNuts

"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Macabre

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview