Starbucks is getting almond milk

Started by hk, August 09, 2016, 10:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hk

I'm so bummed about this because dd loves to get a peppermint hot chocolate at Starbucks.  NO WAY would I trust them to safely make her a drink with almond milk behind the counter.

Also, it's not just almond milk, but almond milk with almond butter stirred into it. 

She's almost a teenager now and I thought that was one place she could hang out with her friends.   :(

Macabre

Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

GoingNuts

Why?  WHY?  Isn't soy, coconut and cow's milk enough?   :rant:
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

nameless

40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

nameless

40+ years dealing with:
New England

nameless

40+ years dealing with:
New England

nameless

40+ years dealing with:
New England

nameless

:'(   a venti soy mocha with 3 pumps of chocolate and an extra shot is my favorite "going on a long car drive" treat. I get one every time I drive from my sister's back home. I limit myself to halfway gone by the time I get on 89, and then it's an hour home and I can take a sip every exit and it lasts me until the last few miles.

sigh.
40+ years dealing with:
New England

hk

Quote from: nameless on August 10, 2016, 09:02:52 PM
:'(   a venti soy mocha with 3 pumps of chocolate and an extra shot is my favorite "going on a long car drive" treat. I get one every time I drive from my sister's back home. I limit myself to halfway gone by the time I get on 89, and then it's an hour home and I can take a sip every exit and it lasts me until the last few miles.

sigh.

I totally understand.  We always got them for dd when we drove around looking at Christmas lights.  I knew it would happen sooner or later, but I'm just so bummed. 

I hope you find a suitable replacement for your drives.  Grrrrr!!!

GoingNuts

If they felt the need to add another milk, couldn't it have been Lactaid?  :tongue: 

I think it may be time for me to write them a friendly letter.  :evil:
N.E. US

GoingNuts

Their response:

Hi Amy,

Thank you for contacting Starbucks Coffee Company.

I appreciate you for reaching out to us about your questions and concerns about the effects of cross contamination when beverages are prepared. Please know that\we cannot guarantee that any of our products are free from allergens (including dairy, eggs, soy, tree nuts, wheat and others) as we use shared equipment to store, prepare and serve them. Therefore, I would advise customers with severe nut allergies to heed this information because we definitely don't want our customers to get sick or have an allergic reaction.

In the meantime, the ingredients in our Almond milk is as follows: (filtered water, almonds), Sugar, Tricalcium Phosphate, Sunflower Lecithin, Sea Salt, Xanthan Gum, Guar Gum, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D2 (Ergocalciferol).

If there is anything else we can assist your with, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Natashja S.
customer service

========================================================
N.E. US

nameless

A Twitter post  might get a better response. I'll compose something and tweet the complaint.
40+ years dealing with:
New England

GoingNuts

Good idea, nameless.  I'm not on Twitter, but a Twitter campaign might be in order.
N.E. US

nameless

My tweet:

@starbucks buh-bye on Sept 6th due to almond allergy - behind your counters is a cross-x nightmare with drips/splashes; @ServSafe #notreally

Good reporting by CNBC
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/11/starbucks-almond-milk-may-be-a-win-lose-combo-for-the-coffee-chain.html
40+ years dealing with:
New England

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview