contact reaction?

Started by livingnutfree, March 05, 2012, 10:39:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

livingnutfree

We were at the store and my dd was riding in the cart (why when shes 8 who knows but she  wont be again)and as we were leaving I noticed redness around her eye and her ezcema was flaming mad. We wipe our hands everytime we get back in the car.  Then maybe 30 min later at home she threw up.  Gave her benadryl rash still there but no more vomiting. No fever and wanted to eat dinner not long after she threw up. Does this sound like a contact reaction? Shes had times where she gets itchy and ezcema gets angry from a contact but never vomiting.
Mom to 3 kiddos
ds1 nkfa
ds2 nkfa
dd   7 yr diagnosed with pn/tn allergy at age 6.

SweetandSour

I can't push carts. I have had contact reactions from them numerous times, and I forget to wipe them. DH pushes them around instead.

Sounds like contact. She may have ingested a bit of it or something and that could upset her tummy.
Allergic to: Peanuts, Tree nuts, Mango, Robitussin, Acetaminophen

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

joshsmom

Lots of stomach bugs going around! Could be either. Hope she feels better!

2boyz4me

that sounds like a contact, turned ingestion reaction. Possible she put her hands near her eyes or mouth.

Poor thing! Hope she's feeling better now
Jenn
Ashton (15) & Holden (12)
Both have env. allergies & H has LFTA to shrimp & sesame ......

twinturbo

It's possible I mean one of my kids is even more contact to ingestion reactive than that but you may never know. I never let the kids ride in the seat area considering how many kids are snacking as mom shops. I also wipe down the large surface areas before the kids go in the cart and, hate to say it but I'm constantly doing the martial art arm block to keep fingers off lips, eyes, nose, any membrane. When prepared enough I preload their hands with something interesting to keep them off the cart. Still get about a 50% hit ratio for hives on DS2 but thus far nothing more.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview