login
Food Allergy Support is now on Twitter. Follow us @FASupport. You may also follow our Tweets in our new global footer at the bottom of the page here at FAS!

Author Topic: Disney Threads  (Read 2302 times)

Description: A list of Disney and Orlando ThemeparkThreads

Offline HJK

Re: Disney Threads
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 01:05:21 PM »
Great idea!

Thank you for pulling this all together.
DS allergic to peanuts

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 10:00:03 PM »
Some reviews from our Disney Cruise and Walt Disney World trip in November 2014 can be found at the Allergy Free Mouse website.

Cruise:
http://www.allergyfreemouse.com/2014/12/disney-dream-cruise-food-allergies/
Other than the food on Castaway Cay being plain, the rest of it was quite good, especially Palo!

WDW:
http://www.allergyfreemouse.com/2014/12/disney-world-with-multiple-food-allergies-and-intolerance/
Nothing can top our experience with Chef TJ, but every meal here was good.  Dinner at the top of California Grill during the fireworks was very magical, and the food was pretty amazing too.  The only concern we had on this trip was with a frozen dessert that I hadn't heard of before and didn't want to eat because the label had a cautionary label I had never seen before.  I wasn't up to trying any new foods this trip, as eating out every meal was challenging enough due to my PTSD.  My husband was more than happy to eat it, and the chef went off to make me something else (which was far better than the first dessert, I have to say.)
anaphylaxis to tree nuts, peanuts, and potatoes; severe dairy intolerance; vegan (preference)
family members allergic to dairy, egg, peanut, sesame, shellfish

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 08:53:57 PM »
We're headed to Walt Disney World again in October.  We booked the trip through Pixie Lizzie: Disney allergy travel agent, booked a bowling party (sponsored by Premium Chocolatiers) through the Food Allergy and Celiac Conference, and already arranged a few meals and some surfing lessons.  Cannot wait.  Let me know if anyone has any questions or items for me to investigate whilst there.

But the big news for this post is here:
http://www.myallergykingdom.com
Disney and Mylan have partnered up, having EpiPens available at all their parks, their cruise ships, and even on Castaway Cay (Disney's private island in the Bahamas).  They also developed this site, which has many resources for general anaphylaxis information, recipes, tips, etc. but also Disney-related food allergy information. 
anaphylaxis to tree nuts, peanuts, and potatoes; severe dairy intolerance; vegan (preference)

Offline joanna5

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 04:16:07 PM »
We are going in April (milk, egg, peanut, tree nut, and mustard for my guys and celiac for my SIL).  We are super excited.  We also used Pixie Lizzie- she seems lovely.  The biggest challenge for us will be the bread for my two carb-aholics, as well as the ever present "spices" with mustard.

Have a great trip! 
David (10/04): Allergic to milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, and mustard
Allison (9/06): NKA
Ryan (3/11): Allergic to milk and eggs

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 09:34:07 AM »
Pixie Lizzie told me, and I have confirmed, that the Magic Kingdom has have removed the vanilla Dole Whip flavour (contained dairy), which created a cross-contact risk for dairy allergies with the pineapple flavour (no dairy).  Now, people with dairy allergy can enjoy pineapple Dole Whips in Magic Kingdom.  Hooray!  (I'm not sure about traces up the line from the manufacturer, however, but I've been told it's safe.  You may want to double check.)

I have learnt not to eat bread outside of home, and Disney is no different.  It's just too high risk of an item.  If there is a particular brand your kid(s) can eat you may want to check if they have it at any of the restaurants you are going to or bring some of your own form home.  Some places have Kinnikinnick doughnuts (my contain some allergens), others will have Udi's bread products (contain egg), and some will have Namaste mixes to make safe waffles or cakes for top-11 (and more).  Ask Pixie Lizzie for the list of who has what.  We'll be hunting down safe waffles for breakfast... (Our hotel only has Bob's Red Mill mix.)