FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Specific Food Allergies > Fish/Shellfish Allergy

Fish Allergy & Gelatin/Marshmallows

<< < (2/4) > >>

forvictoria:
many vitamins and supplements may also contain gelatin.

Anna:
I am also highly allergic to fish and its not as easy as people think it is to avoid. I have gotten sick many of times not realizing that fish was in so many foods and going out to eat has becoming something I no longer bother with its just not worth it for me. As far as marshmallows go i have heard that to but i happen to love them and Jell-O and i have yet to have a problem stick with Kraft your better off don't try that other stuff. Also beware of BBQ sauces they have anchovies in it as well wishishere sauce this is used a lot in meats so you need to watch what things are being marinated in. Watch with Chinese food also I learned this the hard way they cook a lot of there food with osyer sauce or hoisin sauce both fish based. Watched for package rice too like yellow rice after getting sick on it as a kid a few times my mom called the company and it turns out they use selfish carcass to make there rice which was not listed on the package. Hope i was able to hep.

jschwab:

--- Quote from: Anna on November 07, 2013, 02:19:35 PM ---Watched for package rice too like yellow rice after getting sick on it as a kid a few times my mom called the company and it turns out they use selfish carcass to make there rice which was not listed on the package. Hope i was able to hep.

--- End quote ---

Wait, hold the phone. Is it an ingredient added to plain rice or do they actually do something with the plain rice with shellfish?

CMdeux:
Must be boxed mixes, because I've eaten about a metric ton of bagged rice in the past ten years. 

jschwab:

--- Quote from: CMdeux on November 17, 2013, 10:53:23 PM ---Must be boxed mixes, because I've eaten about a metric ton of bagged rice in the past ten years.

--- End quote ---

When I used to eat rice, I got "spots" - red, itchy ones on my torso and never felt good gastro-wise, especially with brown rice. I could never figure out what the spots were or why the reaction but I did give up rice over it. The above post made me wonder if it was really related to shellfish? I guess it will remain a mystery...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version