Auvi-Q heads up

Started by Mfamom, October 15, 2013, 07:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfamom

Now, the voice doesn't work anymore on the one my ds was carrying.  I don't know exactly how he knew it stopped working, but doesn't work anymore.  He doesn't believe the device has gotten wet.  I guess now I'll send the thing back.   

When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

yelloww

We have the same problem with one of them. I noticed it the other week. Getting refills and I'm going to check the voice once a month. I think the battery life may be shorter than expected.

Mfamom

well, good to know ours isn't only one.  the directions are printed on the inner device, they are clear and easy

When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

ajasfolks2

This reminds me of the "first year model" new car syndrome -- lots of bugs that need to be worked out, fixes happen 2nd year,  and then the 3rd year model ends up being really supreme.

I'm willing to have patience, but it is important that EVERYBODY knows how to use WITHOUT the voice telling what to do.

Especially important for teachers and other care givers who are not so experienced with Epi injectors.

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

chase

I just refilled my sons Avui-Q.  They have improved the expire date printing.  It is now etched into the case instead of being printed.  Don't see how it will wear off, so nice improvement.

SilverLining

Good to know they fixed that, and that they listened to consumers.   :thumbsup:

Macabre

Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

MandCmama

I remembered this thread questioning durability of au-vi-Q.  I thought I'd share our experience.  Both boys have been self carrying one in a spi belt by itself all year.  They wear them all day, everyday.  As it happens, just yesterday, I took M's out to show someone.  It clearly looked "loved", but all labels were still easily readable.  I took it out of it's external case and the voice directives were fully functional.  Today M accidentally wore his while wading in a creek. He brought me his spi belt which was dripping wet. Au-vi-Q appeared OK, but obviously I would never trust it at this point.  At home I removed it from it's outer case and the voice prompts were still intact. Over the kitchen sink, I put half of the black firing end against the outer case and used it. It required a good bit of oomph.  Similar to epi pen.  More importantly, since I wasn't injecting into fruit, I was able to see it deliver the meds.  ALL MEDS WERE DELIVERED BY THE TIME THE VOICE BEGAN COUNTING DOWN...INSTANTAINIOUSLY This was good for me to see because when we had to use the epi pen on M, despite being held down by DH while I used it, M was able to push my hand and bend the needle in half! I had no clue how much, if any, he'd gotten.  Plus I think its reflexive to pull back rather then hold.
Any way- very happy with it's ease of carry and durability!
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#1 (Born 11/2006)- allergic to peanuts and tree nuts
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of '18)

CMdeux

REALLY helpful update-- thank you so much for sharing that.  :)
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

spacecanada

Quote from: chase on June 14, 2014, 12:16:23 PM
I just refilled my sons Avui-Q.  They have improved the expire date printing.  It is now etched into the case instead of being printed.  Don't see how it will wear off, so nice improvement.
Mine is actually etched onto the device itself, not the case.  There is no way it can rub off.  Nice improvement.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview