Auvi-Q heads up

Started by Mfamom, October 15, 2013, 07:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfamom

So, here's 8 months of carrying around Auvi Q   The expiration date wore off quickly, in less than a month.  the label is a lot worse than it looks.  The whole thing is pretty banged up. 

When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

SilverLining

Have you sent that picture to them?  I really think you should.

Mfamom

i sent them a pic when the expiration date wore off.   
They called me, asked me to return the "defective" device.  I asked for a coupon for a free replacement, they declined.  they sent me at least 3 postage paid boxes.  they called me weekly and it was same conversation. 
I finally felt like they were really out of line calling me all the time and Insisting I return it.  I would have if they would have replaced it. 
I'll probably send this pic to them, they need to re think some of the labeling

I'm just curious if anyone else has one that looks like this.

Committee Member Hermes

SilverLining

I assume your son is carrying in his pocket with no case on it?  Which is EXACTLY what my son would be doing if my insurance would have covered it. 

I really appreciate that you showed this.  I thought it would be better for my son to carry, but, he's happy with the epi, so I'm definitely giving up this fight.

YouKnowWho

Would carrying it in a baggie - like a sandwich freezer baggie protect the labeling more (thinking the plastic from the baggie would slide over the labeling moreso than rougher fabric).

Just a thought  :-/
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

LinksEtc

I hope the inside of the device holds up better than the outside.

Mfamom

the outside is actually "the case".  that whole outer shell slides off.  The expiration date should be in that white space inbetween the two blue parts at the top.

it isn't the end of the world, but i didn't like that the expiration date wore off.  I think many people are trained to look at that before administering. 

Committee Member Hermes

Ciel

Hmmm...maybe they need some kind of clear silicone skin to slide over the case. It would be protective and wouldn't add much the to size.

I've been carrying around two of them in my purse for at least 6 months and they are still like new, but I am not a teenage boy and I have never carried either one in my pocket. And I have them in a mini pouch from kozyepi along with my inhaler and a little sleeve with my health card and my emergency information/medications/contacts on a piece of paper that is the same size as the card. So really, I'm not a good example...sorry. What about a cell phone sleeve in the meantime?

Thank you for following up with this.

Note: The two devices I carry are manufactured (I assume) and marketed/distributed by Sanofi Canada under the name of Allerject. To me they look identical to the device pictured in your original post but who knows if there is a small difference or two.

yelloww

Yep ours get like that. I think it is a boy thing.

Macabre

Oh, I've been meaning to post an identical picture for the last three weeks!  I was worried they had gone through the wash, but DS said nope--they've just been looking like this for a while.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Macabre

Quote from: YouKnowWho on October 15, 2013, 08:15:04 PM
Would carrying it in a baggie - like a sandwich freezer baggie protect the labeling more (thinking the plastic from the baggie would slide over the labeling moreso than rougher fabric).

Just a thought  :-/

Not going to happen with a teenage boy.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

twinturbo

It's not a user fault it's a design fault. The form factor purposefully fits in a pocket the problem is lack of proper anticipation that a sticker wrapped around the outside wouldn't get rubbed off with normal wear and tear. They are, after all, supposed to be carried at all times. Same thing happens to wallets - they're made of tougher stuff than paper sticker. FWIW mine all look as if they're fresh out of the box because I don't carry them in a pocket.

In a way I get why the sticker on solid plastic, I assume to protect the integrity of the epinephrine from light. My Twinject sticker used to rub off the outside of the tube as well. On the positive side it doesn't seem like anyone's DS has lost it easily from a pocket AND they've been carrying constantly. 

yelloww

Yep, he carries two in his front jeans pocket easily! Love it!

SilverLining

Quote from: twinturbo on October 15, 2013, 11:37:34 PM
On the positive side it doesn't seem like anyone's DS has lost it easily from a pocket AND they've been carrying constantly.

Excellent point.

CMdeux

Good point.

I wonder if a round of clear packing tape would be helpful in terms of keeping the paper sticker in place once it begins peeling like that?

Might be able to just WRITE the expiry on it, too, before covering it. 
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview